NZAGA and NZ Avocado Industry Ltd are referred to jointly as NZ Avocado. The intercompany policy delegates accountabilities between the two entities.
One Board governs the activities of the two entities, as described above.
- Setting and reviewing industry policies and objectives.
- The development (and periodic review) of the vision and the strategy to deliver on the objectives.
- Selecting, appointing, supporting and reviewing the performance of the CEO.
- Ensuring the financial stability and the availability of adequate resources.
- Approving annual business plans and budgets.
- Accounting to stakeholders for the organisations performance.
Annual General Meetings
NZAGA holds an Annual General Meeting once every financial year, usually in August. The agenda is determined by the rules of NZAGA and includes the approval of the financial accounts and a review of the association’s operations.
Growers are able to submit remits to be considered at an AGM. To download the required remit form, please see below and for any queries please call 07 571 6147.