Export registrations for the 2019-20 season are now open
To register please login to the Avo hub here and follow the instructions below.
As an export grower you need to register with NZ Avocado each year before you harvest avocados for export.
If you are a NZ Avocado registered grower, you will be sent notification to register for export at the end of June each year. If you are a new grower who is interested in exporting, please contact your packhouse or NZ Avocado for more information.
It is important that export registration is completed by the 31st of July each year, as the information collected is collated and used to estimate the size of the crop for the coming season. Accurate crop estimating enables good marketing which leads to increased grower returns.
Export registration requires a fee payment. Export registration and export management fee income is used to fund governance of the Recognised Product Group, and work on quality performance, enabling exports, knowledge acquisition and information management, new varieties, new market development, market reliability and reputation, meeting market expectations, and assuring market access.
It is important to note that if you are not registered for export with NZ Avocado then your fruit will not be allowed to leave the country.
Instructions for export registration and confirmation of contact details
Before you start, please make sure you have your username and password for your industry log-in, your crop estimate for the coming season and your PPIN.
You can edit your contact details from the ‘Contact Details’ page on Avo hub.
During export registation, you will also be asked to enter your legal grower entity which is defined as the person or entity who receives payment for the avocados.
In order to export, you will need to be AvoGreen compliant.
Please print these instructions off to help you through this process.
- Please visit the NZ Avocado website – https://industry.nzavocado.co.nz/, click ‘Avo hub login’ at the top of the page and log in with your industry username and password. If you are having trouble with this step, please see further instructions at the end of this document.
- Once logged in, you will be able to see all PPINs that are linked to you.
- The screen will automatically show if the PPIN is AvoGreen compliant. To register this PPIN click ‘Register now’.
If a red cross appears with ‘Contact us’ you are not able to register for export at this stage, please contact us on (07) 571 6147.
- You will be asked to confirm you agree to the Terms & Conditions and comply with the EMS and Growers Responsibilities section of the NZ Avocado Quality Manual. Scroll down and click ‘Accept’ at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Please enter in a ‘Legal Grower Entity’. Legal grower entity is defined as the person or entity who receives payment for the avocados. Click ‘Next’ at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Enter your crop estimate for this season, and hectare and tree numbers.
- Choose your intended packer(s) and exporter(s) if they are confirmed. These fields can be left blank.
- A map if your orchard will be displayed. If this is not accurate, click ‘No’ and describe what changes need to be made in the text box provided.
- You will need to confirm who declares your spray diary.
- Click ‘Proceed to payment’ at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select your preferred payment method and click ‘Complete registration’.
- Registrations on or before 12th August 2019, are $172.50 including GST
- Registrations after 12th August 2019, are $345.00 including GST
If paying via credit card, you will be asked to enter your credit card details once you select ‘Complete registration’. Registration will be accepted automatically.
If paying by cheque or direct credit, payment information will be emailed and will be viewable on screen once you select ‘Complete registration’. Registration will be accepted once payment has been received.
If you are having issues logging into Avo hub, please see below:
- If you have logged into Avo hub or the industry website before, enter in your username and password. Usernames are in the following format: firstname.lastname.
- For first time users entering Avo hub, a password will need to be set for your account. Select ‘Forgot Password?’ to do this. Enter your default username (firstname.lastname) and click ‘Reset my password’.
- You will be sent an email with a link to reset your password. The link will open to a secure screen where you can enter and confirm your chosen password and click ‘Reset password’. If you do not receive this email please contact NZ Avocado – (07) 571 6147 or email@example.com.
- Once successfully logged into Avo hub, you can update your contact details and begin export registration.