- This event has passed.
Webinar: Orchard and grower health for sustainable high yields of quality fruit
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
NZ Avocado will host an orchard health webinar on Wednesday 18th May running from 10:00am – 11:00am.
Topics covered will help growers understand how root and tree health relates to yield and fruit quality and what can be done to identify and mitigate challenges. The webinar will also have representatives from the Rural Support Trust and FarmStrong talking about some of the practical services they offer to growers and the industry to support you and your wellbeing.
The webinar will include:
- Flush and dieback of root systems and why healthy roots at critical times are so important for fruit quality and yield.
- How to identify factors impacting tree health and what you can do to mitigate them.
- Role of phosphonate to protect roots from Phytophthora and considerations for an effective phosphonate strategy.
- Awareness of Rural support services
- Awareness of FarmStrong programme
We will also provide links to useful resources on the NZ Avocado website. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions via the chat function.
This event will be held online via Zoom. A link will be sent to all registered attendees ahead of the event.
Please register your attendance for the soil moisture/irrigation management webinar by using the form below
Soil Moisture webinar - May 2022