Cyclone Gabrielle update
HortNZ information and updates
- Information and updates for affected growers can be found on the HortNZ website https://www.hortnz.co.nz/flood-support/ where you will find links that direct you to available financial support and clean up assistance.
Northland Civil Defence
- Northland Civil Defence and its partner agencies are running an outreach programme to help reach those that have experienced significant damage. If you have been affected by the cyclone you may be eligible for assistance. For Northland growers see the district Council contacts on the Regional Council website https://www.nrc.govt.nz/civildefence/cyclonesupport/
- In the coming weeks the Government will activate Taskforce Green to help with relief efforts to provide unskilled and semi-skilled jobs for local people who will support farmers, growers, and communities by completing clean-up work on their properties.
Rural Support Trust
- The regions Rural Support Trusts are also active in connecting people with financial and business advice or health services. https://www.rural-support.org.nz/
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI)
- Cyclone Gabrielle recovery: advice, support, and funding is a MPI webpage dedicated to providing advice as well as information on available support and funding.
- MPI has also created a fact sheet with recovery information for farmers, growers and rural businesses.
- MPI’s on farm support team are also on the ground and will be driving up driveways for the next 48 hours offering support, advice and essential items, so expect to see vehicles going up growers driveways. The on farm support team covers all rural sectors (farmers and growers).
Your wellbeing matters. You can find more information and resources to support your wellbeing here.
For any further questions around support that may be available please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kia kaha, stay strong and stay safe.