- This event has passed.
2022-23 Commodity levy ballot
April 4 @ 9:30 am - April 14 @ 12:00 pmFree
On Thursday 31 March we held the 40th New Zealand Avocado Growers’ Association Inc. (NZAGA) Annual General Meeting, which was well attended both online and in-person. This AGM covered the 2020-21 season, postponed due to COVID-19 as well as updates on the 2021-22 season and a look forward to the activities we will undertake with the commodity levies in 2022-23.
As part of the AGM, a vote is now required on the commodity levy rates for the 2022-23 season.
NZAGA is utilising Vevox, an online voting platform.
You will be required to start with your first and second names.
Then you will go into the vote and be asked four questions, including your PPIN(s), your vote of each of the commodity levies and confirming you are authorised to vote.
The link to the voting site will be emailed out before close of day Monday. Information on the following can be downloaded now:
- AGM pack
- 2022-03 Proposed uses of the commodity levy in 2022-23
- Business plan for 2021-22 setting out a number of activities that will also be undertaken in 2022-23
- Commodities Levies (Avocados) Order 2019
We encourage you to vote.
The Executive agreed that all growers should have the opportunity to vote for the commodity levy rates for the 2022-23 season. This is normally done at an AGM but the Executive agreed it was better to invite a response from all voting members.
The Commodity levy is collected under the Commodities Levies (Avocados) Order 2019.
Grower investment through the Commodity levy is used across a number of activities including:
- Research and development including extension activity
- Quality assurance
- Market access
- Market development
- Readiness and response to biosecurity threats
- Promotion of avocados and the avocado industry
- Industry communications
- Day to day administration
The Executive seeks grower support for:
- The commodity levy for export to remain at 35 cents per export tray.
- The commodity levy for the NZ market to reduce from the current 3% of selling price to 2.5% of selling price.
Post AGM Q&A sessions for growers
It is important that you are fully informed before making the vote. We encourage you to read the documents provided.
We invite voting members to attend one or two online Q&A sessions, with the Chair and an NZAGA Executive to ask questions, to make comment or to hear others ask questions.
Please register below for one of the following sessions if you wish to participate:
- Session one – Post AGM Q&A session for growers – Friday 8 April , 12-1pm
- Session two – Post AGM Q&A session for growers – Monday 11 April, 5:30-6:30pm
Ballot to seek approval for NZAGA Rule Change
A second ballot will operate from 20 April for a two week period to seek voting member approval of the proposed NZAGA rule changes.
Further information will be provided closer to the time.
Please contact NZ Avocado if you have any questions.
Post AGM Q&A session